If you’ve already learnt the basics of fly fishing, then this is the course for you.
I will focus on refining your technique, identifying any bad habits, before introducing some more advanced casting techniques, looking at using different line types, and dealing with challenges of the wind. You will learn how to single and double haul, cast into the wind, and cast from different banks. I will also cover different retrieving techniques for different conditions and situations.
Depending on your requirements, I will tailor the day to suit your needs and interests.
- If you have your own equipment, you are welcome to use that, otherwise all fishing equipment can be supplied. The day includes 1 or 2 fish to keep, then catch and release.
What you need
- Hat & glasses are essential
- Appropriate clothing for the weather is advised
What’s not included
- Food for the day (café available onsite)
Please Note: For courses running from Hanningfield Reservoir, please add £35
- Advanced casting techniques
- Reading the water
- Guided practice
Sunglasses and a hat are essential.