Covering everything you need to know to start fly fishing. The morning is spent covering the fundamentals of the sport including a range of different casting techniques, how to locate fish, as well as how to catch, play fish, dispatch fish. I will also cover how to catch and release fish safely.
In the afternoon you have the chance to put everything you’ve learnt into practice on the water either from a boat or the bank (depending on conditions), all under Nigel’s expert guidance.
All fishing equipment will be supplied for the day. Your first catch is kept and all subsequent catches are released.
We will have a few breaks throughout the day. Tea and coffee will be provided. Bring a packed lunch or alternatively, there is a cafe on site offering everything from sandwiches to hot cooked meals.
- All fishing equipment will be supplied for the day including a 1 or 2 fish to keep then catch and release
What you need
- Hat & glasses are essential
- Appropriate clothing for the weather on the day is also advised
What’s not included
- Food for the day (café available onsite)
Please Note: For courses running from Hanningfield Reservoir, please add £35
- Health and safety
- Equipment setup
- Casting tuition (two casting techniques)
- An afternoon fishing including water craft
- Learn how to locate fish, catch and play fish, release fish safely
- Guided practice
Hat and glasses are essential.